Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sweet Letters to Ethiopia

For Madilyn's journal entry this morning, she asked if she could write a letter to "Emma and Joshua". Of course, I said yes and so I wanted to share her final draft with you because it touched my heart. It is precious to see the love of Christ in our children. It teaches me so much about the truly important things in life and motivates me to re-examine my priorities and focus on truly loving others the way Christ loves us. What a joy this morning was for me. I hope you enjoy this, also.

Dear Emma & Joshua,
My name is Madilyn Marie Newsom!!! I am nearly 11 years old. In just a few months we are going to come get you and bring you and your brother home to live with us !!! I am so excited to meet you and your little brother !!! I just can’t wait to meet you!! You have the prettiest smile I have ever seen !!!!! We bought you and your little brother some clothes and a toy to send to you !!! I think about you every single day!!! I am sorry you don’t have a family right now but we want you to come and be part of our family. Every day is a day closer till I get to meet you and your little brother !!!!


LOVE YOU SO MUCH,

MADILYN MARIE
P.S what is your favorite color?


Isn't that just pure sweetness on paper? I love when I get a sweet glimpse into the hearts of my children. I am so thankful the Lord is working in their hearts to grow love and compassion for the 2 special children on the other side of the world that God is knitting into our family.

Matthew 18:3-4 "Then He said, "I assure you, unless you turn from your sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven."

My day has been blessed, hope yours is also--
Amy

PS-- we are still waiting on medical and family histories. Please pray we get these soon!

3 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

I loved to see a glimpse of your sweet heart Madilyn! You will be such a wonderful big sister to Emma and Joshua! I can't wait to hear more about them. Allee has been wanting to call and talk to you!

jeri said...

this is from stephanee's mother and allee's grandmother----i just wanted you to know i have your family and these 2 precious children in my prayers. i know they will bring you as much joy as our 3 new grandchildren have brought us. the people in ethiopia are such loving people. many faces of the children there still haunt me. i am so glad that two of these children will soon find the love they need with your family. i will be following your story and praying for you until you are home safely with your new children. madilyn, i loved your letter and know these children will love their new big sister. cant wait to see pics of them. i am so happy and excited for you. jeri

Major Mom said...

AMY!! Are yall at Leavenworth?? That is where we are headed this July!! That would be so cool to get our babies together (this is Trisha Roe by the way:))