Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Surprise Visit

YEA!!! We got a call last night from Mommommy and Poppy (Joel's parents) and they wanted to come for a surprise birthday visit for Jackson this weekend!! YEA!! We can't wait! The kids and I have been missing our extended families a lot the last few days(and that nice, mild Texas winter weather)lately, but we had no idea that a visit would be coming up so soon! We are very happy and looking forward to some time with Mommommy and Poppy!
Jackson's 9th birthday is this Saturday and he has been counting down for months. It just amazes me that he is going to turn 9!! Where or where does the time go?? He is such a joy to me and I look forward to celebrating his birthday this weekend!! He has 2 special friends that will be coming over for a sleepover on Friday night and then he has his birthday menu all planned out (for the last few years we have let them pick their favorite foods on their birthday- very fun!). So, Jackson has everything planned out and even put the special items on my grocery list today! HAHA!! He wants pancakes/bacon/sausage for breakfast, chicken nuggets and macaroni for lunch and pizza for dinner on Saturday. I really wish he wanted some veggies, too and I may have to add some 'bonus' side dishes in there because I just can't feed them all that unhealthy stuff without adding something green! :) The funniest part of his MENU is this... He has also requested a football cake with "REAL" vanilla ice cream. HAHA!! Now this request made me laugh because I didn't know they knew the difference between the healthier frozen yogurt that I normally buy and the yummy ("REAL") Blue Bell ice cream!! I guess they have finally figured out that I've been trying to trick them and they really do like the "REAL" ice cream more than my healthier version! HAHA! It is his birthday so I guess I"ll give in and get the "REAL" thing! Jackson is such a gift and blessing to us!! God is so good!

The kids have absolutely NO IDEA that their sweet grandparents are coming and they will be on cloud nine at about 5pm tomorrow! It's been a hard secret to keep from them because Joel and I are excited!! We are really looking forward to a fun, family-filled weekend full of birthday celebrations and time together! I'll let you know how Jackson's menu works out!! I hope your weekend is great also!

Blessings--
AMY

PS--- no adoption updates yet. Please pray for Emma and Joshua and specifically that we get their full information soon so we can start moving forward to bringing them home!

No comments: