Monday, February 16, 2009

Exhausted

Wow--- as I just sat down to this computer I realize that I am really tired tonight. This was a 3 day weekend for us and it has been a full of fun activities: a family shopping trip, laundry, basketball games, laundry, grocery store,
2 consecutive date nights(not normal but it was fun!), Sunday School, church, laundry,a dinner party, a sleepover, and today was full of some major chores and catching up on things like going through dressers and closets, to pack away those clothes the kiddos have outgrown and yes-- I did finally fold all of that laundry! YEA!! I am caught up on my laundry....but only until tomorrow morning-- so don't feel jealous or anything!! HAHA! :)

Anyway--- we have been more busy the last few days than we normally are and we have also felt that during these busy days, we have really been under attack as a family. I am not only physically tired, but I am also emotionally tired. A good night of sleep will do me good!!!

As for adoption news.....nothing yet. We are just waiting for medicals and family history information. We did get a very brief email that stated it would probably be another week before we got our medical and family histories on these siblings. My immediate response was ANOTHER WEEK??? WHY??? Well---I really don't know but I am trying hard to be patient and trust that God's timing is better than mine. He KNOWS all of our Army/moving issues, He KNOWS Emma and Joshua's issues, He can move the mountains and He can take care of this adoption. He LOVES us all and has a plan for our lives. This wait is a part of God's plan and is not mine to control! I have been struggling to be patient and WAIT and TRUST--but I am clinging to God's truths and repeating them over and over in my mind.....

Habakkuk 2:13 "If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

Psalm 94:19 "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

1Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient and kind."

Philippians 4:13 "For I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me."

Hebrews 11:1 "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen."

Hebrews 10:36 "Patient Endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised."


Hope your weekend was great and your night is restful.
Blessings-
AMY

No comments: