Saturday, June 13, 2009

Monday, Monday

Our court hearing did happen on Friday and we are thankful that it went well. I was hoping to officially introduce Joshua NAHOM Newsom to you all but I won't be able to do that until Monday. The Ministry of Women's Affairs gave a favorable and positive determination for the adoption of Nahom into the Newsom family but, due to a missing power of attorney in the files, we don't have the official decree yet. That will happen on Monday when the missing POA is taken to the courts. I can't imagine the amount of time and paperwork involved on the Ethiopian side of this adoption and am thankful for the hard work and effort that BFAS team has put into our case on behalf of Nahom. After I received the call from BFAS, my flesh wanted to be angry that the paperwork wasn't totally in order....but, after some prayer time and reflection-- I accept the fact that WE are ALL human and make human errors......who am I to throw a stone or pluck the splinter out of someone else's eye when I have my own logs and stones to take care of??? :) God has a plan. His timing is perfect and He will work out the plans for this adoption according to His will. He has blessed us, Nahom, and BFAS. So today, I have chosen to have a thankful, grateful, and understanding perspective here....Monday is only 36 hours away!!! :) I'll officially introduce our new son then!!!

We are currently in Colorado and will spend the next week at a Christian Retreat Center in the Rocky Mountains called Spring Canyon. We are beyond excited about our family camp this week and will post some pictures of our week when we get home! Looking forward to lots of family fun! We'll keep you posted as we are able to about Monday!!!

Blessings to you all--
AMY

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey Amy!!! We (me-Brooke, Vickie, Robert, Daddy-Jack, Stacie, Peyton, and Millie) are all in the Philippines anxiously awaiting news about your court hearing today! We have all been praying for you all! There is a computer in the lobby of the hotel we are staying in here in Surigao City, so we will be checking in, waiting to hear the good news! I hope that the rest of you are doing well!
Love,
Brooke