Friday, March 27, 2009

Blessings and Battles

HERE is a Blessing...introducing our new niece, ANNA CLAIRE NEWSOM, 7 pounds 15 ounces,born healthy on Tuesday March 24 at 0521am to Jonathan, Maci, and big brother Noah!! Here's a sweet face I can't wait to meet in person. What a miracle from God!


We're praying here today, fervently. This scripture has been my lifeline today......

Phil. 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

This is a spiritual battle: We've seen no adoption movement over the last few weeks. There have been some major set backs for our family (and others) and my heart goes out to those who are hurting and disappointed. I recently shared with you that I felt our family has been under attack by Satan in an attempt to challenge our focus, our motives, and shake our resolve to be obedient to Christ's calling for our family to adopt orphans. We are standing firm in trusting our God. I must now also say that I feel like our AGENCY has also been under an attack by Satan. They have faced MANY challenges in recent weeks and months in Ethiopia: the staff/families/clients of this organization truly need to collectively pray that God would put a hedge of protection over the efforts of these sweet people who God has called to minister to the orphans of Ethiopia. PLEASE join me in praying for BFAS. That God would protect their work, their motives, shield them with the full ARMOR of GOD and that HIS GLORY would be revealed in every orphan that is set in a family through this agency. There is victory is Jesus!!

On the home front....all is going well. I've done better about letting the toys be out and about this week and have enjoyed some extra sweet moments with my kiddos! (It was worth the mess!!) I did nearly have an anxiety attack last night when I opened up my mail and the "yearly standardized testing materials" for our home school had arrived. I panic for two reasons. Reason #1: These tests are hard and I worry that I haven't prepared my kids well enough for them. I don't even know some of the answers and I have a college degree. Reason #2: Testing is SO MUCH extra WORK for me and the kids! (BTW--Yes-- I do realize that I don't HAVE to test them yearly, but this is one way I hold myself accountable for my children's education on a daily basis....I remind myself that they will be tested and they really DO need to know this stuff!!! It helps me stay motivated and keep plugging along!) SO--- even though I panic every year...the kids always do fine and I'm always encouraged when I get their scores back and I see that they ARE learning in our homeschooling efforts, and I can prove it. :) I'm not going to test for another few weeks....don't worry I'll ask for prayer when we arrive at that time because it is stressful for me as a mom and as a teacher!! Again, God's word to me today has been in Phil. 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Have a FUN FRIDAY!

Blessings,
AMY

No comments: