Saturday, March 7, 2009

WAIT

Psalm 27:13-14 "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. WAIT for the Lord; be strong and take heart and WAIT for the Lord."

So another week has passed and we've had no movement towards bringing our 2 precious children home from Ethiopia. It's been 7 weeks since our referral and waiting for medicals. It's normally NOT this long of a wait for medicals. Apparently, there are some issues involving the orphanage that is caring for our children and that's why we are still waiting. Please please please pray that GOD MOVES these obstacles and opens doors for these children to come home to us soon!

Last Sunday, a sweet friend with a quiver full of kiddos wanted to share this scripture with me, Psalms 27:13-14. Amongst the craziness of our after-church fellowship and even with all of our children running around with extreme donut sugar highs, we read this together with tears streaming down our faces. God speaks in such sweet and profound ways. What a blessing. I've been pondering this scripture all week and every time I read it, the word WAIT jumps out at me like it is in bold print in my Bible. The word WAIT is not in bold print in my Bible but my heart is once again clinging to God's promise to me of His goodness and knowing that this sweet friend was sharing what the Holy Spirit needed me to hear....be strong and WAIT on the Lord. WAIT.

We have felt God's presence so much through our adoption journey and I know that we are waiting for HIS perfect timing. We began pursuing this adoption because we felt God speaking to us that NOW was the time to move forward. There was no doubt that God was speaking to us then and this week, there is no doubt that God is calming me and saying WAIT!

Although the last 7 weeks have been painful in waiting, I have really felt God opening my heart to truly LOVE these children during this time. I long to hold them in my arms and cry with them over the pain and anguish they've suffered. I can't wait to love on them, to play with them, feed them, protect them, teach them. I'm over the top ready to be a parent to these 2 children. I have also seen God stretching our children's hearts to love Emma and Joshua and welcome them into our family. I have also witnessed my sweet husband's love for these two children on the other side of the world grow beyond measure. This is the same guy who was angry with me for talking about God calling us to adopt only 8 months ago!! His fervent prayers for all of our children, especially Emma and Joshua moves me to tears. So, while the WAIT has been hard and I'm ready for the process to move forward with our adoption, I'm also thankful that God's been working on our hearts and bringing us closer to Him through it all.

By the way--- an update on Joshua's "leg deformity"......
We did receive some video clips of our children (thanks Nguyet!) earlier this week(YEA!)and we did confirm that our Joshua can, in fact, walk. His left foot is fully formed but it is turned inwards at the toe, pretty severely, but HE CAN WALK! Can't wait to bring him home and get him the medical care he needs. :)

PLEASE pray that God removes the stumbling blocks that are keeping Emma and Joshua's paperwork from moving forward, according to His will and also in His perfect timing.

Blessings--
AMY

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bawled like a baby when I read your post. I am praying for Josh and Emma and for your sanity. I too, find my only comfort IN THE WORD and all we've done is completed our application! HUGS FRIEND!
Jen

Lana said...

Hi, I'm a friend of your Aunt Vickie's-she passed on your blog to me. How priceless is your post about WAITing!

I pray that the Lord sends them to you very soon!!!