Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quiet days, Quite days.

The last few days have been quiet days on the adoption front. Not much information to pass along or share yet......we are just waiting for a referral and praying for those sweet, innocent, scared and lonely children that have no family to call their own today. We are praying and waiting. God knows the right timing, God knows the children, God knows our family and our strengths, weaknesses, and our abilities.
God knows.
I'm really TRYING not to worry about the details, just trying to TRUST God with all that I am. But, in my effort to be transparent in this blog, I will admit again that this has been super hard for me. God has shown me that my walk with Him needs some growing in the trust department. There are moments every day when fear grips me and I have a dialog similar to this one in my head--- "I am crazy.....WE are crazy.....why do I think I can handle any more on my plate right now, especially two emotionally needy children. Everyone else thinks we are crazy to adopt right now, too......How will we do this? What if we FAIL at parenting these children and our family crumbles because of the additional stress?? What if there is not enough of me to go around! What are we doing? Etc, Etc, Etc....."

But......when I stop my rambling, whining and put a kibosh on my personal little anxiety attack--and when I re-focus on God, and not on myself...... I have peace and I KNOW THIS IS EXACTLY WHERE GOD WANTS US TO BE AND WE ARE DOING WHAT HE HAS CALLED US TO DO RIGHT NOW. God knows and will give us the strength and endurance to run this race. God brought us to this place, no doubt. We know that God called us to adoption and to fulfill this purpose right now, we know this for sure.

What I doubt is my ability- what I fear is failure and what people think of me. But, I believe God's Word. In His Holy Word, He tells me that I don't have to do this.....GOD will do it THROUGH me. I know that God does not give us a spirit of FEAR, but of love and sound mind.......I know that I can do ALL things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me...... Who can be against me, if God is on my side???
THESE ARE GOD'S TRUTHS......the little ramblings in my mind, are attacks by my flesh and they are lies and they are NOT from God. God is TRUTH.

So, this is my prayer request today--- please pray that we are strengthened, encouraged, and steadfast and unwavering in our adoption journey. Please pray that God's TRUTHS are our compass and guiding light. Pray that we trust Him and have faith that He will work out the little details!!

So, while the last few days have been quiet days on the adoption front, they have also been "quite" the days for me, emotionally and spiritually. It's an adoption journey from above, for sure.....I can feel the growth pains and spiritual stretching!!! :)

Hope your Sunday has been blessed--- AMY

2 comments:

ashley said...

Hi Amy. Not sure if you remeber me, I'm Stephanee Pott's sister, Ashley. She told me that you were adopting from Ethiopia!!! We brought our son home from Ethiopia this past August! It has been such an amazing, wonderful journey for us! If you dont mind emailing me, I have a few questions on what agency you went through. My email is ash_flo@hotmail.com Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, You are so very strong! Dont doubt yourself anf dont doubt God! Wow, these new blessings are in for a blessing...joining your family will be a miracle!!! Yall are the best!

Jackie Gregory