Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dossier On It's Way To Ethiopia

Got the call today from BFAS, that after some minor hold ups with expiration dates on some agency paperwork, the newly dated agency paperwork has arrived and our dossier is now moving, really on it's way to Ethiopia. We are still officially waiting as of 12-19-08, but our completed dossier, with all the appropriate authentications and apostles, etc. is now on it's way to the birth country of our children.

I've had a roller coaster day today. The emotions that come with an adoption are much more intense than I ever expected. There is the sense of knowing that what and where we are is the perfect place in God's perfect plan and those are such peaceful, powerful moments. And then...... there's the sense of an overwhelming urge to totally be in control of paperwork and processes that are totally out of my control so that I can hurry up and help and love and protect and nurture and mother these 2 children that so desperately need a mother!!! Frustration develops at this place and I realize that these feelings are worldly, and exhibit a very human lapse in my faith and trust in God's provision, God's protection, God's timing, and God's Divine plan for our lives. I am humbled by my weaknesses and thankful that God knows my struggles and is so gracious and loving to me, in spite of my shortcomings.

Please pray that we are strong enough to wait for the Lord. Please pray that we are able to more fully trust in God's perfect plan, His perfect timing, and His provision for us and for all of our children. God knows.

My favorite scriptures that I repeat to myself daily to keep my life in focus when I'm feeling like I need to control things......

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WE AREN'T TOO FAR BEHIND YOU. YOUR FAMILY IS BEAUTIFUL!

SANDY

Laurie said...

Glad to hear that you are getting closer to the adoption. It is really great hearing about your faith. It inspires me. God bless you guys, Laurie J.

Stephanee&Zach said...

Wonderful to read about your journey! And you have one of my favorite songs playing. This song God used to speak to me again and again through our adoption process!