Monday, January 5, 2009

A Blessed Day

After a very busy but good Monday, here are some of the small moments that happened today that I am thankful for......

1)The kids worked hard on all their schoolwork.

2)During Jackson's language arts this morning, he said, "Wow Mom--- I love looking things up in the dictionary with you-- this is fun!" aaaahhhhh-- a great homeschool mom moment!!!

3)Madilyn told me "goodnight" and said "I Love You" in Amharic at bedtime. They are so excited about adopting from Ethiopia. So sweet.

4)Joel found out today that when we travel to Ethiopia, the Army allows 21 days of "non-chargeable" leave for an adoption. YEEHAW!! Free days off for him to travel for the adoption.....YEA!! God is good.

5)While I was cooking dinner tonight, Joel Daniel played legos in the floor for 45 minutes straight, alone. It was so peaceful and nice!! Several months ago, I was dreaming of him playing independently and quietly for only 10 minutes-- he's rounding that toddler corner!!

6) I caught up on all my laundry today. Whew. That was big.

7) When we walking next door to Bible study this evening, Hannah ran down the stairs, out into the 20 degree coldness in her PJ's just to give me a kiss and say she loves me. aaaahhhhh....they are such treasures!

8) We got word today that we are OFFICIALLY waiting for a referral as of 12-19-08.

9) I read 3 chapters in a fun-read for myself tonight. Nice.

10) The kids are in bed..... and sleeping. :)

Psalm 40:16 " May all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "The Lord is Great!"

Blessings,
Amy

2 comments:

meg said...

wow! sounds like you DID have a blessed monday!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET OUR NEW ADDTION TO THE FAMILY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
AMBERLY