Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Bloggy Apology and Prayer Request......

So I've been pretty distant here in BloggyLand and I want to apologize to you, my sweet Bloggy friends.......but, I also want to ask for some prayers!

I've been pretty silent here, mainly because I've been overwhelmed. Not overwhelmed in a bad way---but instead, overwhelmed in a GOOD way. I honestly don't know where to start to catch you up on the crazy life of Team Newsom. God has been opening some amazing doors. He has been teaching me many Truths' over the last few weeks and He has answered many prayers. God has also given me some unbelievable opportunities to share our adoption testimony with new friends, and He is coordinating a medical mission trip to Ethiopia for this fall!! Wow!......and that's only a tiny bit of information that is swirling around in my head! God is really at work here and I know it but I haven't really known WHAT TO DO NEXT. So, I've been really quiet around here. I've been praying lots and I've been waiting for God's wisdom and guidance. Will you pray with me for wisdom and guidance as we strive to seek HIS will for our lives??

I do want to quickly share with you just a few of the unbelievable opportunities God has given me over the last few weeks-- I have been ASKED to visit/share our adoption testimony with 6 different ladies at 6 different times over the last 2 weeks. Isn't that too cool??? God loves the poor and the afflicted. He LOVES the orphan. His word tells us to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. I am just amazed that He has planted so many seeds in the hearts of people I've recently met and I want to be obedient, even in this......so, YES- I WILL SPEAK UP FOR THE ORPHANS GOD LOVES!!

God has also given us an opportunity to serve Him in helping to coordinate and plan an upcoming Medical Mission Trip to Ethiopia in October 2010. Agitu, BFAS Staff, Fruitful Harvest Ministries, and many BFAS families are coming together to minister and show Christ's Love to the people of Ethiopia!! WOW! This is getting so much bigger that I ever dreamed or imagined and somehow--- God has placed me in this network of Christian servants as a coordinator of people and resources. I am so humbled and again, even though I feel UN-worthy and very UN-equipped; I am choosing to be obedient and I know that in my own strength I have absolutely nothing to offer, but then again.....there is that TRUTH in God's Word: "WITH CHRIST, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!"

Please pray that Joel and I will have direction, wisdom and guidance from the Lord over these opportunities to serve Him and also in those other areas of our lives that I haven't shared here with you because of the time constraint! I am really going to try to break out of my overwhelmed state of silence and be more faithful in sharing my thoughts, prayer requests and testimonies of God's goodness with you here in BloggyLand on a more regular basis. More than anything, I recognize the need for your support and especially your prayers, as we travel along this amazing journey!

Blessings abound,
AMY

No comments: