Friday, May 8, 2009

REFERRAL

God moved some mountains this week. That was my prayer on Sunday and again, God showed Himself to us!! God is good, faithful and powerful. God is bigger than ANYTHING I can imagine!! God has moved some mountains for this family in a mighty way! We will give you, my LORD, all the praise and glory through Christ Jesus!!!

God revealed our child to us yesterday. We got a referral for an amazing and beautiful 3 1/2 year old little boy. He is cute! He IS the child that I saw standing in my hallway during my vision from God last Monday night. THE SAME CHILD! Isn't it so cool that God loves me enough to listen to me and answer all my prayers? Even my prayers for a vision? Can you believe that really happened to me?? It did my sweet friends! I'm NOT over it-- and hope that I NEVER forget the way that God revealed himself to me. I'm so broken and unworthy, yet HE LOVES ME THAT MUCH! :) Okay, so I'm a JESUS FREAK now and so happy about it!!!

As for our referral......our new little ones' Ethiopian name is NAHOM. It's a Biblical name that means comfort and blessing! SO COOL!!! I love his name! He will be such a blessing to our family and we hope that we can also comfort and bless him as his new family! Our agency thinks he is 3 1/2 but he looks more like a 4 or 4 1/2year old to me--- of course, this is only my mommy guessing attempt and we probably won't know for sure until we take him to a dentist here! His medicals were all great. His blood tests all good. We're SO excited to bring him home!

We have discussed his "American name" at length and have decided that many months ago, God laid it on our hearts to name our adopted children Joshua and Emma and so we're going to stick with those names. So his name after he is adopted will be JOSHUA NAHOM NEWSOM. We may still call him Nahom since he is an older little one---but we will just wait to see how things go. We still believe our EMMA is out there somewhere and we have already begun to pray that God will show us HIS will for another adoption at the right time. That HE will reveal to us HIS plan and we will be obedient to the calling to adopt children just as we have been adopted into God's great family whenever the time is right!

PLEASE PRAY FOR US!!! I believe in the power of prayer! Please pray specifically for God's timing to be perfect for this adoption. That He would remove any documentation barriers before they even exist, that our adoption of Joshua Nahom would happen more swiftly than expected and that He would prepare our hearts to parent this child and prepare Joshua Nahom to receive and accept our love.

We are trusting and have faith that GOD knows all about our Army move coming up. We've been hesitant to set up moving dates with the Army because we have felt that God was going to bring this child to us while were HERE but there are so many unknowns and factors that are out of our control so WE ARE GIVING GOD OUR CALENDAR and asking HIM to fill in the blanks that have to happen for this adoption and for our Army move!!! PLEASE PRAY WITH US FOR THIS!! We need to travel to Ethiopia to pick up Joshua Nahom in mid to late June! For those of you that don't have experience in adoptions--- this is really really quick in adoption time and it will be a miracle if it happens!!! I have said all along that I knew God was going to make this adoption journey a testimony where "ONLY GOD COULD DO THAT" so I'm praying BIG!

James 1:18 "In His goodness he chose to make us all His own children."

Matthew 17:20 "If you have faith as small as a mustard see, you can say to this mountain, MOVE from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Romans 8: 14-17 "because of those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children then we are heirs- heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

Thank you God for Joshua Nahom Newsom.

Blessings today--
AMY

4 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

WoooooHooooooo!! I have been checking and praying for you guys all week. I just knew that it was coming soon. What an amazing story and such a blessing that God chose to reveal Himself in your life and in your adoption journey in such amazing ways. Praying for His perfect timing in each area. We saw that happen so perfectly with our move and adoption and so many other things. Looking back we see how God ordained every day of the process so it fit together. At one point I worried so much about how it would all happen with moving and such but when then I finally realized I could never make it happen and make the pieces fit but that God would and could. And He did! And He will for you!! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Stephanee&Zach said...

Oh, have you read the adoption books: Carried Safely Home by Kristen Wong and The Strength Of Mercy by Jan Beazly

Both are amazing! Just FYI.

Unknown said...

AMY,
THAT ROCKS! What a wonderful Mother's Day with the referral of your Nahom. God is good!

Jen

Kimberley said...

We are praying for the super quick court date and travel date!