Tuesday, May 19, 2009

GOD ANSWERS BIG

Thanks for PRAYING BIG everyone!! I am so excited to tell you all that our God ANSWERED BIG yesterday!! We received a call yesterday that we had a court date!!! Amazing!! Thank you Lord!! He can move the mountains, our God is mighty to save!!!

JUNE 11.

That's the date--- 3 1/2 weeks away. Not very long. We are so super thankful to BFAS for really really working hard to get this court date! God did indeed move mountains on behalf of our family and for sweet Nahom. BFAS has been aware of our pending Army move this summer and I'm not sure how God did it-- but we were given a court date, extremely quickly and will be able to travel to pick up Nahom before our family must move this summer! YEA JESUS! YEA BFAS!

So, I must tell you there was another amazing testimony of God showing Himself to us in getting the phone call yesterday of this court date!! Around 1000 am, I was speaking to a dear friend and neighbor on the telephone and she was being so gracious in letting me vent about my concerns, prayers, frustrations, and weariness in waiting for a court date! All other plans for our move have been hinged on the possible court date and travel of Nahom. We needed to schedule our moving dates with the Army but before we did this we really needed to know whether we needed to move sooner or later in the summer depending on whether we could/could not pick up Nahom before our move. SO--- I asked her to please pray for me and she said, "We are praying and in fact, we already prayed this morning that you would get a court date today so you will know what to do about scheduling your move." We chatted a few more minutes and then hung up.

Only FIVE minutes passed before my cell phone rang. "BFAS" on the caller ID. :) THEY were calling me, not the opposite-as per usual!! :)

The next few minutes are surreal as Haile told me that we had been given a court date of June 11. Wow. IS THAT AN AMAZING GOD OR WHAT????

I am so completely humbled. So completely amazed. So completely thrilled.

If I had picked all the perfect dates and perfect plans--- it would not have worked out more perfectly. GOD IS GOOD!!! His timing and His plan is so much better than our own! I am soooooo thankful that we've waited on the Lord and God has been faithful to us!

We are now praying BIG for a positive court outcome on June 11 and we are tentatively planning and hoping to travel for an Embassy date of July 2. That means we will travel around June 26- 27 and return around July 4-5. We will THEN move to El Paso, Texas the week or two after we return home with Joshua Nahom Newsom!

I am again reminded of this particular scripture today......

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."

Blessings today,
AMY

No comments: