Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

We have so many things to be thankful for this season! It's been a nice long weekend and I'm thankful for the rest, the family time, and most of all- God's mercy and grace to us!

Lots of good things have kept us busy lately.....we travelled to Lubbock to visit Joel's family last weekend and celebrated an early Thanksgiving together. It was a fun time and the kiddos played together amazingly well. Hannah was right, the drive WAS super easy and we had a really great time! Joshua Nahome is still asking if he can go back to Uncle Jon's house-- he fell in love with the riding tractor in their back yard and loved having the extra playmates in Lubbock!
We made lots of sweet memories and are so thankful that we only live 6 hours from Jon and Maci! :)Here are a few pictures from our visit..... These cool dudes had fun at the Tech VS OU game...Poppy and Mommommy really enjoyed being with all the grandkids at one time! Aren't they festive in the Tech Fan attire!! Very FUN!!



We returned home on Sunday night and started a very full, but thankfully, also a very short week! We missed being "home" with our extended families' over the holiday but we were so glad to be invited to spend the day with some very special families from our church. It was a really wonderful day. We had planned to eat lunch with them, visit and then come home by 3ish but we had such a great time that we didn't even get ready to leave for home until 7pm!! Time flies when you're having fun!! The food was just great also! We were blessed to be in the company of such wonderful people and enjoyed our time a lot! Thanks Lisa for hosting us all!!

I shopped until I dropped on Black Friday! I actually broke some shopping records for myself and I am pretty excited! I got all of my Christmas shopping done on that one day! The crowds weren't too bad and I actually never had to wait in a line to check out! It was fun and I'm thankful that I got so much done!! Joel and I also went on a date on Friday night. It was heavenly! We went to eat Mexican food and then to see the new movie, The Blind Spot! I really can't say enough GREAT things about this movie! It was moving, inspiring, and tells a great story about caring for orphans and children that have no one in the world to love them! It was a thumbs up movie and I definitely highly recommend it! If you haven't seen it yet--do GO-- it's worth the watch!

The details for the mission trip to Ethiopia are all miraculously working out. I continue to be amazed by God's work. Agitu, the director of our adoption agency, will return to our hometown on Dec 16 to meet with the directors of Fruitful Harvest, an international mission ministry from our home church to plan the trip to Ethiopia. The kiddos and I will be travelling back home for the meeting and we'll just stay there for the holidays....Joel will fly there when he gets his block leave time. We just LOVE those cheap Southwest one-way tickets! :)

Well, I'm out of computer time......the little boys need to be loved on and want me to read a new book to them before they go to bed, so I will close for now.
I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with many memories and opportunities to share the GOOD things that God has done for you in your life. His mercy, grace, and love endures forever!!

Praising God from Whom all blessings flow,
AMY

Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself in the Lord; and He shall give you the desires of your heart."

Isaiah 61:10 "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hat clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

No comments: