Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HOME with NAHOME!!

Hello!!! We are HOME! Praise the Lord. Our trip was amazing and we are so blessed by Joshua Nahome Newsom. He is transitioning well. He's healthy and happy and loving playing with our other kiddos. He's a sweet and smart little boy. We've had a few hard moments where he has had healthy emotional responses (tears and crying) to all the changes he's experienced over the last week, but he is already finding comfort in our arms and recovers quickly from the tears. God is so good.

Our trip was amazing. Ethiopia is a beautiful country with very loving and friendly people. We made some great friends while we were there and feel that God has more planned for us in Ethiopia! We'll be going back for sure!! We were able to travel 8 hours south to Nahome's home village and meet his birth mother and his entire extended family. They are wonderful and we fell in love with them all. It was a very meaningful trip and God gave me such a peace and understanding about our adoption of Nahome. I was able to see first-hand the WHY of his adoption. Her love for Nahome was so evident and we were so blessed by her. Nahome is a lucky little boy to have 2 families, Ethiopian and American, that love him dearly and are brought together through his life!

Our agency, BFAS, blessed us beyond measure. I was so impressed by their extreme efforts to finalize all the documentation necessary for our Embassy appointment. God was with us in Ethiopia and our week was full of "CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT GOD IS DOING" moments. I'll share each and every one in another post (later) because the experiences were all so unbelievable that I am still processing it all! God is so good.

I haven't downloaded my pictures yet..... there are hundreds and hundreds! I have lots of photos of the other children at the care center and I know all of you BFAS families are waiting so I'll try to do it later today or tomorrow. Your children are all doing great and we spent hours and hours loving on them this past week. Rest assured that they are being well cared for and shown lots of love by the nannies. Well--- that's it for now.....I'll post again soon (with photos) and begin sharing God's goodness and our Ethiopia stories with you! You'll won't believe what God did on behalf of Nahome and our family!!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

VERY THANKFUL AND BLESSED,
AMY

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see a pic of your boy!

The Conner Crew said...

Congratulations!! I have been following your journey and praying for your family. So happy you are home!

meg said...

welcome home!!

can't wait to see nahome's beautiful smile in a WHOLE family pic! :)

congrats again!

Melissa said...

Congratulations and welcome home. I know that our journey to Ethiopia was beyond amazing and we came home also knowing that God has a plan for us to do more there. We are now about to embark on another adoption journey in Ethiopia and also have kept our hearts open to how God can use us more. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. God Bless

Piper said...

YEA!!! So glad you all are home safely with your precious child! Can't wait to hear more about your journey and see some pictures! God is SO good!!!

Stephanee&Zach said...

Congratulations Newsoms!!! I am so happy for you - it seems like just yesterday that we were talking about both our upcoming adoptions and look now!!! I can't wait to hear more amazing stories from your trip and maybe we will get to meet him in SS sometime!! Let us know when you might be visiting!!

Table for Six said...

YEA- you are home!!! can't wait to hear all the God moments and see all the photos.. oh how I wish we were all back at KS and we could sit at your feet and just listen! but I guess we have to be so thankful to God for the internet and blogs!! :O)
Praising God for His indescrible gift!
Jill and the gang

Brooke said...

Wonderful news!! I absolutely cannot wait to meet my new little cousin!

Sarah F. said...

Hi Amy,
We are with BFAS and I wanted to see if you were able to see our little one while you were there. I know you are super busy, but if you wouldn't mind e-mailing me when you get a chance I can give you her info.

Thanks so much!
Sarah Foster
Rnsfoster@yahoo.com