Sunday, April 19, 2009

Real Time Blogging

So I wrote my last post about Thursday of this past week and because I was pretty sick and I have also had sick little ones since then, so I didn't actually sit back down at the computer and post it until late last night. So this blog hasn't been real time for a few weeks.....but I'm blogging real-time now and there have been some substantial challenges we've faced over the last few days with illnesses in our home and I'd like to ask you to please lift us up in prayer.

We need some real-time, right now- prayer for our family. I am still sick and not feeling 100% yet. I am some better but I am still having lots of sinus congestion, sinus headache pain and a sore throat. Joel Daniel has also taken my nasty cold and is feeling very yucky today. :( The last major request for prayer is for our sweet Hannah. She has been sick and complaining of stomach pain for 4 days now. Yesterday, some other suspicious symptoms came to surface and they all indicated she might have appendicitis. (R quadrant pain, pain with walking, low grade temp, nausea) So off to the ER we went. Four hours and lots of tests later, they sent us home saying maybe she was suffering from GI issues- her WBC wasn't high enough to indicate appendicitis. Now, last night Hannah woke me up 3 more times with this pain in her R side. The low grade fever, nausea, and pain in R side persists. I'm going to take her back to the ER this afternoon if she hasn't gotten total relief from the last dose of MOM I gave her to totally rule out GI issues. Please pray for healing for Hannah and also that if we do go back to the ER, that the doctors we see would use wisdom and be able to diagnose her correctly so she won't suffer any more discomfort! Thanks for the prayers bloggy friends! I appreciate your support and prayers!

I didn't get to go to church this morning with sick little ones. But in my quiet time alone with the Lord this morning, these are the scriptures I've been pondering! I hope these scriptures bring a renewed sense of God's mission for your life today, as these scriptures really spoke to my heart and reminded me to focus on fulfilling God's purpose for my life as I walk through my every day! I especially need to remember to witness and share Christ's grace and love during the not so fun days (like my last few days) that are filled with trials and challenges!

Romans 1:5 "Through Christ, all the kindness of God has been poured out upon us.... and now he is sending us out around the world to tell all people everywhere the great things God has done....so they, too, will believe and obey him."

2 Corinthians 5:19-20 "Through Christ, God has made peace between us and Himself and He gave us the work of telling everyone the peace we can have with Him. So we have been sent to speak for Christ."

Acts 20:24 "The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me, to tell people the good news about His grace."

1 Corinthians 12:7 "God has given each of you some special abilities. Be sure to use them to help each other, passing on to others God's many kinds of blessing."

Philippians 2:5 "In your lives you must think and act like Jesus Christ."

1 John 3:18 "Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions."


Thanks for praying for our family.
Blessings to you all on this Holy Day,
Amy

No comments: